The fans attending Fifa Qatar World Cup will be welcomed at the Abu Samra land border crossing between Saudi Arabia and Qatar starting from November 1 – December 23.
The Ministry of Interior of Qatar has announced that visitors who intend to enter the state via the Abu Samra border in their vehicles must have a valid vehicle entry permit obtained through the Hayya platform. Authorities have announced that the border crossing is available to the public and capable of handling 4,000 travelers per hour with new facilities and free parking.
Rules to follow to cross the Abu Samra border
However, to enter the state, the fans must follow important rules that will not be compromised. We have listed them for you below:
For Citizens, Residents, and GCC nationals
- Citizens, residents and GCC nationals holding Qatari ID cards can enter the country regularly under normal conditions.
- The Hayya card will not be required.
Fans with special permission
- Use the Hayya platform to apply for a vehicle entrance permit. If accepted, the applicant will be sent an email including a link to get car insurance online.
- The applicant must follow up on the platform within 24 hours of completing the insurance to acquire the permit and pay a non-refundable fee of QAR 5,000 (Dh5,043).
- The driver must have a confirmed accommodation arrangement that has been approved through the Hayya platform for a minimum of 5 nights.
- A minimum of three persons must travel in the car, and no more than six people may do so. Each person must have a Hayya card.
- Anyone entering or leaving Qatar for a match or matches within 24 hours may do so without making hotel bookings first. However, the following requirements are required for their entrance.
- Keep a Hayya Card on you (A day fan category)
- Before traveling to Qatar, one can reserve a parking spot at the border using the Hayya platform.
- For the first 24 hours after arrival, parking is free.
- For the second day, a service fee of QAR 1,000 will be applied. A further towing fee of QAR 1,000 (Dh1,008) will be charged if the car is left parked for more than 48 hours following admission. A link supplied to the email address registered on the platform allows for electronic payment.
- Buses in Qatar can be used to get from the Abu Samra checkpoint to the Al Messila or Al Qalayel meeting place for families and friends.
Arrivals by bus
- The Hayya Card is a must for every traveler.
- Take the Qatar buses from the border to the Family and Friends Meet and Greet Area outside the border at Al Qalayel or to Doha Central Station (Al Messila).
Travel and Accommodation Expenses
According to the Polish financial services company, Conotoxia, travel, and accommodation costs are also outrageously high in addition to the highest-ever ticket rates.
The least of fans’ concerns is the price of matchday tickets. Locals can purchase discounted tickets, but for everyone else, knockout matches cost between $600 and $1,600 and group stage tickets range from $70 to $220. Except for a few group games, most matches now have sold-out attendance.
According to Conotoxia, the least expensive 10-day trip for two people would cost you about $6,000. Based on $1,600 per flight from New York, $600 in travel expenses, $1,000 or so for accommodations, $600 for a rental car, and $600 for food and beverages.
Other tourist attractions, besides soccer, are also less accessible and more expensive, according to Conotoxia, with a camel safari in the desert costing about $400 per person and a guided tour of northern Qatar costing $700 per person.
Gianni Infantino, the president of FIFA, and the event’s organizers announced on Monday that ticket sales for the soccer World Cup are getting close to the 3 million milestones before the competition begins on November 20 in the state of Qatar.
The top three ticket-buying countries out of the 2.89 million tickets sold are Qatar, the USA, and Saudi Arabia. The month-long tournament, the first to be staged in a Middle Eastern country, had 240,000 hospitality packages sold.
The smallest country to ever hosted a sports premier event, Qatar, is getting ready to welcome an anticipated 1.2 million tourists during the World Cup.
Qatar World Cup 2022 Stadiums
Fifa Qatar World Cup tournament will take place across 8 venues. The list of stadiums that will host 64 matches of the tournament are:
- Lusail Stadium – Lusail City
- Al Bayt Stadium – Al Khor
- Al Janoub Stadium – Al Wakrah
- Education City Stadium – Doha
- Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium – Al Rayyan
- Khalifa International Stadium – Doha
- Al Thumama Stadium – Doha
- Stadium 974 Ras Abu Aboud – Doha