The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Wednesday announced the lifting of a number of restrictions imposed to control the spread of the coronavirus in the country, including the staggered reopening of educational institutions in districts where the positivity rate is less than five per cent and resumption of outdoor dining.
According to a press release issued after the meeting:
- Outdoor restaurants will be opened daily till 11:59pm while takeaway will be allowed 24/7 from May 24.
- Tourism sector will be reopened under strict Covid-19 protocols from May 24.
- Educational institutes in districts with less than five per cent positivity rate will be reopened from May 24.
- Outdoor marriage ceremonies will be allowed with a maximum of 150 people from June 1.
- Elective surgeries will be reopened from June 1.
- Educational institutes in all districts will be reopened in a staggered manner from June 7.
- All matric and intermediate exams will be held after June 20. All professional and non-professional exams will take place on a case-to-case basis as recommended by the Ministry of Education.